Musiga president Bice Osei Kuffour known in showbiz as Obour has declared himself as the all-time best president the musicians union in Ghana has ever had.
According to Obour, his tenure as MUSIGA President will leave a “lasting legacy” for generations to come in the music scene of Ghana.
Since assuming the post of the Musiga presidency some 8 years ago, Obour has not had many hit songs but is of the view that he believes his works speak for itself.
Also Read: Obour lambasts organizers of the AFRIMA awards
The “Aboa Konkontiba” hitmaker was the youngest in the race for the MUSIGA presidency in 2011, beating veteran musicians like Gyedu Blay Ambolley, Nana Tuffour, and late Willie Roy to make history as the youngest MUSIGA president ever in Ghana. He was re-elected for another term.
Justifying why he believes he has done well as MUSIGHA President, Obour listed 11 “major” achievements that make him outstanding.
1. The effective rebranding of Musiga
2. Membership categorization with accompanying benefits (including legal advice, facilitation in musical works registration and royalty collection, discounted services eg. Qq
3. Establishment of the Ageing Musicians Welfare Fund
4. Effective Collective Rights Management( GHAMRO) – the Union led the revolution to achieving an effective administration for Ghamro in line with accepted standard international practices.
5. MUSIGA ACADEMY .
6. Comprehensive Survey on Music Industry in Ghana to identify the economic contribution of the sector to GDP and also to advise policy direction and public and private investment in the music sector.
Also Read: Obour turns preacher; spotted delivering a sermon in Church
7. Government subvention of 2 Million Ghana Cedis – The Union for the first time was able to access government funding through a budgetary allocation for research, music fair & peace campaign, capacity building and project administration.
8. Establishment of the Midland- Musiga Ajumapa Business Loans – low interest and relatively collateral free loan to enable Musiga members access funds for their projects.
9. Institutionalization of Ghana Music Week Festival, Musiga Grand Ball and Asanteman Arts Ball and Awards as event brands to raise funds for Union projects and to promote and create jobs for members.
10. Formalization of Ghana music awards arrangement with Charterhouse and Provision of car prize for chosen VGMA winners over last three years. For the first time, A formal agreement was signed between Charterhouse and Musiga on the organization of the Ghana Music Awards scheme.
11. Regional Support for Capacity Building – During the 1st term of the leadership of Obour, an amount of GHc 100,000.00 was distributed among the 10 regional offices of Musiga for capacity building and development projects.
The post I’m the all time best MUSIGA president – Obour appeared first on GHANAPAGE™.