Want this content customized for your business?
Follow us on social media today!
Photography by Laura Klynstra
These are the first cookies I remember watching my mom mix up when I was a kid. These cookies were a favorite of mine and my son now loves them. They’re crunchy and chewy, and they taste great with chocolate chips. — L.K.
1. Preheat oven to 350degF.
2. Beat butter and sugars for 3 minutes in a large bowl. Mix in oil, egg, vanilla, and beat to combine.
3. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the butter mixture until well combined.
4. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the oatmeal, cornflakes, M&M’s, and coconut oil.
5. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches space between each scoop. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Let cookies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, before moving them to a cooling rack.
6. Keep it in a sealed container for 5 days.
Tip: These cookies freeze nicely, and they taste great right out of the freezer.
Excerpted from Christmas Baking: Festive Cookies, Candies, Cakes, Breads, and Snacks to Bring Comfort and Joy to Your Holiday. (c) 2020 by Joyce and Laura Klynstra. Laura Klynstra. Photography. Use with permission from Good Books, an imprint by Skyhorse Publishing All rights reserved.