Brandon Davis is back at UFC.
After four straight wins on the regional scene, Davis (14-8 MMA, 2-5 UFC) will return to the promotion Oct. 16 after two years away when he takes on Danaa Batgerel (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 195 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Although the fight has not yet been signed, verbal agreements have already been made and will be in the next few days.
Two people who were familiar with the matchup confirmed that the targeted booking was made to MMA Junkie, but they asked to remain anonymous because the promotion has yet not made an official announcement.
While he competed at both featherweight and bantamweight in the UFC, Davis, 31, is set on 135-pound competition going forward.
From January 2018 through September 2019, Davis fought seven more times for the promotion, compiling a record of 2-5. He beat Randy Costa and Steven Peterson, while he lost to Zabit Magomedsharipov and Kyung Ho Kang.
The Mongolian fighter Batgerel has won back to back fights by first-round knockout. Batgerel defeated Heili Alateng unanimously and knocked out Guido Cannetti, Kevin Natividad, in a 3: 51..
The UFC Fight Night 195 lineup includes:
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung
- L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Maryna Moroz
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Marcelo Rojo vs. Daniel Santos
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Manon Fiorot
- Ramazan Eev vs. Danny Roberts
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brandon Davis